by Texas Hill Country Olive Company Employee and Mensik Family Member, Nicole Swanson
By replacing the butter in any cookie recipe with olive oil, you can cut calories, reduce fat, and add some much needed antioxidants. A great way to make a guilty treat a little less guilty.
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup +2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 dozen miniature chocolate peanut butter cup candies
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Unwrap the candies and set aside.
3. In large bowl, mix the olive oil, white and brown sugar with mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Mix in the the peanut butter and egg on medium for 2 minutes.
4. In separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
5. Combine the two bowls and mix for 2-5 minutes.
6. Roll the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls, then bake for 15 minutes.
7. Upon removing the cookies, transfer them to wax paper and immediately press the peanut butter cups into the center. Then place the cookies into the refrigerator to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
Makes roughly 2 dozen cookies.